Annie (Communicare Manager) – My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrel
Anna G (Coordinator) – Conclave by Robert Harris and Beekeeper of Aleppo by Christy Lefteri
Nick (Development Officer) – Yes Man by Danny Wallace and Belonging and Becoming by Mark and Lisa Scandrette
Anna P (Coordinator) – A Change of Climate by Hilary Mantel
Kate (Events & Volunteers Coordinator) – The Bible
David (Volunteer Coordinator) – The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
Are you a bit of a book lover?
If you could would you spend the whole day relaxing by reading an exciting novel?
Or would you prefer a factual book in which you could study a great deal or learn a new skill?
Have you been looking at your overstacked bookshelves and been thinking I must sort them out?
Maybe you know someone who has tons of books that they’ve read once and won’t ever open again?
Or perhaps you’re just not sure what you would like to read next?
Well this could be the fundraising event for you.
Could you organise a book swap?
This could be done in your home, your garden, your street, at a group you attend, your choice.
A bookswap can simply be organised in 3 simple steps:
1. Choose a date and invite donors to a:
– Book Swap wine and nibbles evening
– Or a Book Swap open house afternoon
– Or perhaps a Book Swap Garden Party
* We would recommend having light refreshments to help encourage people to come.
2. Ask donors to bring some books to donate along with money to donate for each swap (or set a one off fee e.g. £5 to attend which includes the cost of unlimited swaps).
3. Have fun, make sure you bag yourself some new books and after the event donate any remaining books to ziffit.com (an organisation that will give us at Communicare money for any books that are donated).
Alternatively: how about asking your workplace if a small bookcase can be put up in which colleagues can offload their unwanted books on. Colleagues and customers can then purchase the books for a book and a donation (or just a donation).
– A fixed book swap bookcase could also be put up in a Church, faith building etc… Please do ask any groups that you attend.
For more information and to register interest in this Book Swap fundraising activity, please click the sign up button below.